Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Newspaper column

I write a bi-weekly outdoors column for the Penobscot Bay Press. It is seen in three local newspapers. The Weekly Packet, Island Advantage and the Castine Patriot.

here's the first one ( reprinted with the editors permission)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outdoors with Captain Pete

Welcome to my new column!

It is my hope that through this column, I can help inform local readers about issues concerning all outdoor related subjects. This column is for you- the reader. It will deal with many types of outdoor recreational topics including fishing, hunting, hiking, boating, kayaking, sightseeing and more. I want to keep you updated and educated to some of the important issues we are facing.

Did you catch the fish of a lifetime? Did you get your dream 10 point buck? I want to hear about it! I’ll be giving you tips on how to catch the ‘Big One’ ….What’s the proper way to set up your duck decoys … What is the best knot to tie your lure with…etc. I’ll be reviewing products that will help your outdoor experiences. There will be boating tips - like how to deal with that nasty ethanol that’s plaguing your outboard, plus many other topics.

Do you have an outdoor related event coming up you want to publicize? Let me know! In short….if it’s something to do with outdoor recreation, it’s something we can talk about. Feel free to email me with your thoughts, ideas or even criticisms. My email and website address is below. My phone number is on my website…Love to hear from you!

I am a Registered Maine Guide and Coast Guard licensed Captain. I’m also an officer and board member of the Maine Association of Charter Captains (or MACC for short). As the owner of Eggemoggin Guide Service located in Sedgwick, I’ve been fishing all my life and guiding people on both fresh and saltwater for 10 years along with guiding sea and puddle duck hunts. While involved with many different issues, most recently I’ve been involved with the Penobscot River Restoration project. Another issue is the Federal Government mandate for all states regarding the salt water fishing license. These are two issues that you need to be aware of !

In my next column I will try to explain in layman’s terms, about the salt water license and the recent meeting that I participated in with the President of MACC and Department of Marine Resources officials to discuss what we think of the new salt water license requirement. In the meantime I’d love to hear your thoughts on the new license so let me know what you think about it .

Captain Pete Douvarjo

http://www.eggemogginguideservice.net
meguide@midmaine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment