Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kennebec River Stripers

I recently was asked to help fellow charter captains, Capt George Harris and Capt Forrest Faulkingham, with a trip they were running on the Kennebec river. I quickly agreed and went down to Bath the night before. I spent the night at Forrest's home in the town of Alna. After being treated to a wonderful boiled dinner with all the fixins, we headed for the living room to go over charts and get gear ready for the next day. We left for the boat launch in Bath next morning at 4:30 am sharp. We got all three boats in the water. Our 6 fishermen showed up and off we went to get bait . Live eels and mackerel were our bait of choice. By the end of the day our clients each had a legal size fish for the table. They boated many more during the day and one guy even had a seal on that wanted his fish!


I get a lot of calls to go striper fishing. I've turned them all down in the last few years. Penobscot Bay simply has no fish to catch.....

But, if you come to my area and really want stripers, I'll provide the transportation, boat, bait, tackle and know how. It's a bit of a ride each way but it is still an amazing fishery and worth going!

Check my website for info and pricing.



A few of the days catch!!





Nice Fat Striper!!











No comments:

Post a Comment